SIGN UP for the HATTIESBURG monthly bulletin by emailing your request to stepup.
Find events on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/STEPUPtoLeadership/. To participate in any Discord activities, contact for server link!
May 2021 Weekly Events
- Crafting with Dawn (Lead: Parent Support Specialist Dawn Lewis), Tuesday’s from 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.Join for both an in-person and online interactive crafting experiences. Zoom link: Contact for Zoom Link!
- Virtual Spotlight Trivia (Lead: AmeriCorps Members.) Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. on Discord under #spotlight-trivia.Join us each week for trivia! First and third weeks will be “Pop Culture Trivia” and the other weeks will be “General Trivia”.
- Current Event Catch-Ups (Lead: AmeriCorps Members), starting Wednesday’s from 2:00 – 2:30 p.m.Join us to discuss current events and weekly news! Zoom link: Contact for Zoom Link!
- P.I.E.C.E Gaming Time (Lead: Dan Lewis, Staff Liaison Scott Mullins), Monday and Wednesday every other week, from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. in the IDS Game Room.Contact Scott in advance to come play! There will only be 2-3 players allowed per session.
- Tennis Lessons with Robbie (Lead: Robbie Sullivan & Staff Laison Scott Mullins), starting Monday’s, from 2:30-4:00 p.m. at Tatum Park (101 Parkway Blvd) in Hattiesburg, MS.6-10 members (vaccinations depending) can ride in the van, but other members may meet us at the court. The van pulls out at 2:15 p.m.
May 2021 Monthly Events
- 5/4: Guy’s Night: “May the 4th Be With You!” @ Scott’s Home (Leads: Scott Mullins), 4:00 – 6:00pm at Hub Lanes.Come join the guys as they become one with the force while playing STAR WARS games” Whether Jedi, Seth, Rebel, or the Empire all are welcome! Members are encouraged to wear their best STAR WARS clothes and bust out them light sabers and blasters. Transportation provided at 3:45 pm and will return to campus at 6:15 pm. Snacks will be provided.We only have room for the first 5 members to sign up.
- 5/5-7: USM Spring Commencement Assistance. (Leads: STEP UP Liaisons Scott Mullins and Danielle Parks)– 10 members are needed to sign up to assist with USM commencement/graduation. AmeriCorps/STEP UP Member and placed on the Payne Center Floor to assist by directing graduating students on where to go. There will be three separate sign-up times listed below (members can sign up for multiple slots) Masks will be worn. Sign Up list for time slot found on STEP UP bulletin board.
- 5/5: Wednesday, 11am-1pm – need 4 members
- 5/6: Thursday, 5-7pm – need 4 members
- 5/7: Friday, 1-3pm – need 2 members
- 5/10: Officers Meeting (Leads: STEP UP Co-Presidents Amber Allday and Taylor Carley), 4:00 p.m., on Zoom.Officers . . . remember to attend and represent! Zoom Link: Contact for Zoom Link!
- 5/21: ALL Members Meeting (Leads: STEP UP Co-Presidents Amber Allday, Taylor Carley, & IDS Liaison Scott Mullins), 4:00 p.m., on Zoom. We need all members to attend and represent if available. We will be discussing future summer plans and would like feedback from members.
Zoom Link: Contact for Zoom Link!
- 5/27: STEP UP Parent Meeting (Parents ONLY – Lead: Parent Support Specialist Dawn Lewis), 6:00 p.m. on Zoom.Join Ms. Dawn virtually to connect and brainstorm future events. Zoom link: Contact for Zoom Link!